Top 10 things to consider before purchasing a pump
For a more detailed information on the above, please click here.
- Determine what type of pump you require, a bore pump, centrifugal/jet pump, petrol pump or transfer pump.
- How much pressure does your pump system require?
- What flow rate does your pump system require?
- The elevation height the pump needs to pump the water / fluid to.
- What is the friction force of your pump system?
- What is the total pump head you require for the desired flow rate?
- What is the viscosity of the fluid you will be pumping?
- Are replacement spare parts easily available for your pump?
- Will you pump be sitting outside in the weather, does it require a stainless steel casing?
- Is the pump energy efficient, especially if it will be used on a regular basis?