Top 10 things to consider before purchasing a chainsaw
For more detailed information on the above, please click here.
- What type of timber will you be cutting with the chainsaw, is it green timber or dry timber, soft or hard wood?
- How often will you be using the chainsaw, occasional pruning, cutting firewood or regular felling of large trees?
- What pitch and gauge of chain would be better suited to your needs, 3/8" low profile, .325", 3/8" .404"?
- What size bar length do your require?
- What chainsaw weight is best suited to you?
- How powerful does the chainsaw need to be to meet your requirements?
- Will the chainsaw have good ergonomics like low vibration levels, a slim design and is it well balanced?
- How easy is the chainsaw to start?
- How easy is it to tension the chain and gain access to the air filter and spark plug?
- What safety equipment do you require for example a helmet, chaps, ear muffs and gloves?